Tapestry weaving Workshop - Wall hanging - Saturday, November 25th
TAPESTRY WEAVING WORKSHOP - WALL HANGING
Saturday, november 25th, 2023 from 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Loft collectif in the middle of Saint-Sauveur in the Laurentides.
Explore various weaving techniques with Annie-France Bowker, WOVVVEN's artist and designer. She'll guide you as you learn to create a colorful wall hanging on a frame loom. At the end of the workshop, you will go home with your own creation. Annie-France will be with you every step of the way, from warping the loom to creating a finished, polished piece.
Annie-France Bowker from WOVVVEN
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- the basics of warping a frame loom
- notion of colors / textures
- differentweaving techniques (Tabby, Rya Knots, Rya Loops, Pick and pick)
- different finishing techniques
- how to remove the piece from the loom and set it
No experience required
WHAT TO BRING
Notebook and pencil. All materials for use during class are included. Students take home the wall hanging only. Additional supplies available for purchase after the class.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Maximum Numbers of participants: 6
- Theworkshop will be given in French with help for English participants
- Priorto the workshop date, students will receive an e-mail as a reminder with full worshop details
Due to small class sizes, we are unable to offer refunds for workshops. If, for any reason, you are unable to attend, you have the option of sending someone in your place or registering for another date.
Thanks to the Internet, weaving made its way to Annie-France. Very organically. Almost as if she summoned it without even knowing a thing about it. It started appearing on her feed online and she felt the urge to give it a try. It didn’t take long for her to be completely smitten. Shortly after, WOVVVEN was born in March 2018. Annie-France has since created hundreds of pieces and yarns that have found a home around the world.