Marie-Pierre Chabot - Artistic Yarn Workshop - Saturday, December 2nd 13:30 PM to 15:30 PM
ARTISTIC YARN WORKSHOP
Saturday, December 2, 2023 from 13:30 PM to 15:30 PM
Loftcollectif in the middle of Saint-Sauveur dans les Laurentians.
With Marie-Pier you will learn who to spin a thick and thin yarn, how toincorporate different materials in your spinning, and new ways to ply your yarnto create wonderful textures.
Marie-Pierre Chabot from MapiCréations
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Create a textured yarn How to incorporate different material and fibers in your spinning Different plying techniques
- Spinning wheel
- Experience Spining wheel
- Experience with large bobbins on your spinning wheel
- Be able to ply a yarn from 2 bobbins
WHAT TO BRING
- Spinning wheel
- 2 jumbo bobbins jumbo
- Lazy kate
- Niddy noddy
- Fibers in case you have finished spinning the fiber provide by your instructor.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Maximum Numbers of participants: 6
- To be paid on site to Marie-Pierre, $25 for the starter kit. This kit includes a100gr. braid and thread for decoration during plying.
- The workshop will be given in French with help for English participants
- Prior to the workshop date, students will receive an e-mail as a reminder with full worshop details
Due tosmall class sizes, we are unable to offer refunds for workshops. If, for anyreason, you are unable to attend, you have the option of sending someone inyour place or registering for another date.
Marie-Pierre fell in love with the art of spinning in 2019. Being from Bolivia, it was natural to turn to alpaca to learn how to work with the fibers. Over time, she expanded her knowledge to include sheep fibers. Today, she is involved in every stage of the fiber's transformation, from cleaning, carding and dyeing to the production of the finished product: an artistic batt for spinning, and unique artistic yarn for crocheting, knitting and weaving. Most of the fibers she uses comes from local Canadian farms.